Greenland Group is proposing to demolish the existing four storey Hertsmere House office building and replace this with the erection of a new 67 storey residential tower. Internal amenity space on the centre floors and commercial floorspace comprising retail and cafes are also proposed.
The key benefits for local communities include:
- Approximately 3,750 square meters of amenity space and open space
- Dedicated Children’s Play Space – circa 900 square meters of communal children’s playspace will be provided
- 869 units of new housing, including affordable homes
- Section 106 contributions to local schools, doctors’ surgeries and other local infrastructure
- A much improved design that addresses the concerns previously raised by Historic England
- Local jobs created both during demolition and construction, plus additional employment opportunities in the new commercial floorspace
- New residents and visitors in the area will generate a substantial contribution to the local economy through additional local spending.